If you follow the Curly Girl Method, you need some good styling products. But of course, every curly girl has different needs, which means it may take some trial and error to find the right products that work for you.
Gel is a curly girl staple, but you may also find that your hair likes a leave-in conditioner and/or styling cream as well!
With that in mind, here are 50+ curly girl approved styling products!
This page does contain affiliate links, which means if you purchase something using the product links on this page, I may get a small commission. This comes at no extra cost to you and helps keep this site running. Thank you!
Also, I follow the simplified version of the Curly Girl Method most directly derived from the Curly Girl Handbook. This means the only ingredients I look to avoid are sulfates, silicones, and drying alcohols. If you have more ingredients that you look to avoid, it would be a good idea to check the ingredients for yourself before making a purchase.
Curly Girl Approved styling products
1) Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
2)Not Your Mother’s Curl Talk Curl Defining Cream
4) Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-in Detangler
5) Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave-in
6) Not Your Mother’s Curl Talk Mousse (Check on this before you buy it! The old formula is not CG approved. The new formula is supposed to be, most sites don’t seem to have an updated ingredient list. Probably best to buy in person.)
7) Verelle Soft Curl Cream, Milky Curl Cream, Styling Cream
8) Pacifica Beauty Pineapple Swirl Curl Defining Cream
9) Ouidad VitalCurl +Soft Defining Mousse
10) Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse
11) Garnier Fructis Curl Treat Smoothie Defining Leave in Styler and Butter Hydrating Leave in Styler
12) Shea Moisture Sugarcane Extract and Meadowfoam Seed Silicone Free Miracle Styler Leave-in
13) As I Am DoubleButter Cream
14) Camille Rose Natural Coconut Water Leave-In
15) Curls Blueberry Bliss Reparative Leave In Conditioner
17) EDEN BodyWorks Coconut Shea Curl Defining Creme
18) Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle
19) U R Curly Sili-Free Hair Serum
20) Curl Junkie BeautiCurls Leave-in Hair Conditioner
21) Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker, Marshmallow and Agave Leaf Extract
22) SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
23) tgin Green Tea Super Moist Leave In Conditioner
24) Pantene Curl Defining Mousse
25) MopTop Leave-in Conditioner
Curly Girl Approved Gels
26) Eco Style Olive Oil, Argon Oil, etc
27) Aussie Instant Freeze Sculpting Hair Gel
28) Tresemme Mega Sculpting Gel
29) Biotera Styling Defining Gel
30) Fruit of the Earth Aloe Gel
31) Not Your Mother’s Curl Talk Gel
32) Aunt Jackie’s Don’t Shrink Flaxseed Elongating Curling Gel
33) Kinky Curly Curling Custard
35) Cantu for Natural Hair Moisturizing Twist and Lock Gel
36) Garnier Fructis Curl Treat Jelly
38) The Mane Choice Crystal Orchid Biotin Infused Styling Gel
39) Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper Original Gel
41) Curls Goddess Glaze Curl Gel
42) Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Souffle Gel (and other Shea Moisture Gels)
43) Herbal Essence Totally Twisted and Set Me Up Gels
44) Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Styling Gel
45) CurlMix Pure Homemade Flaxseed Watermelon and Lavender Gels
46) Design Essentials Natural Honey Curl Forming Custard
47) Curly Curl Gello Conditioning and Hydrating Gel
48) CurlSmith Curl Defining Styling Souffle
To check on a product not listed, check out Is It CG?
Looking for more guidance on your curly hair journey?
If you’re new to curly hair care and looking for some help, you should check out the No-Stress Guide to Curly Hair Care!
After spending two years learning and caring for my curly hair, I wanted to create my own, in-depth guide to help fellow curlies create incredible curls in the easiest way possible.
It took me a while, but I eventually found an approach that helped me create a curly hair routine that fits into my life in the simplest way possible. And now I want to help you do the same!
For more intermediate/advanced guidance
If you’ve been on your curly hair journey for a while but still have some struggles, check out Curly Hair Problems!
After spending hours scouring the internet looking for solutions to my own curly hair problems, I found myself wishing for an easier, more comprehensive guide to the most common problems.
So that’s what I created!
Curly Hair Problems offers you 78 total solutions to the five most common curly hair care problems, including frizz, curl clumps, limp curls, product issues, and scalp issues.
Sound off: What’s your favorite curly girl approved styling product? Also, feel free to link to any I missed!
Leave a Reply